What we collect
We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.sharpresearch.net.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address, if you contact Sharp Research Ltd
- details of which version of web browser you used as well as information on how you use the site, by using cookies and page tagging techniques.
This information helps us to :
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so and
- notify you about changes to our service.
This information can be viewed by authorised people in Sharp Research Ltd and our technical support team at Opensure Ltd to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
- respond to any feedback you send us.
Where your information is stored
We store your information, whenever possible, on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long is your data retained for
Personal data collected via this site or as part of any of our research studies is normally retained for a maximum of 12 months. It is then securely destroyed.
The exception to this is financial documentation relating to projects which must be kept in compliance with government regulations for 6 years from the end of the last company financial year they relate to; where individuals are concerned the principle example of this would be receipts for incentives provided as thanks for participation in projects.
Keeping your information secure
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your information secure once we receive it. This is detailed in our Data Protection and Security Policy.
Disclosing your information
Under the Data Protection legislation, data subjects have the following rights with regards to their personal information:
- the right to be informed about the collection and the use of their personal data
- the right to access personal data and supplementary information
- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete
- the right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
- the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- the right to data portability, which allows the data subject to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services
- the right to object to processing in certain circumstances
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant)
- the right to complain to the Information Commissioner
You can find out what information we hold about you, and ask us not to use any of the information we collect. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve signed up for email alerts, you can unsubscribe or change your settings at any time.
If you feel we are not respecting your data when using our site or participating in our studies, you may complain to the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or freephone 0303 123 1113.
Alternatively, if you feel we are in breach of use of your data as part of a market research study you can raise a complaint with our professional body, the Market Research Society, at https://www.mrs.org.uk/standards/how-to-complain
Sharp Research Ltd is a private limited company registered in England and Wales (Company Number 7124745), Registered address: 43 Bridge Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 6BU.